For the first post, I want everyone to get used to commenting and posting. Please take a minute to consider both of the following questions. Then, choose one and write a comment. Please read each other's responses as well and attempt to respond to not only the question, but a classmate or two as well.
Question 1--What do you hope to accomplish this school year? How do you plan on making your goal or goals a reality?
Question 2--Think of a change you would like to see at Locust Fork that you or your friends have the ability to make happen. What do you envision for your school this year? How can you or your classmates turn this vision into a reality?
**Remember, although this is an online space, you are expected to use complete sentences, correct grammar, punctuation and mechanics, and your response needs to be of substance--that is, I'm expecting a full paragraph, not a sentence or two as a response. Have fun and enjoy reading your classmates' responses.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What I would like to accomplish this year, is to keep my grades at an above average in everyone of my classes. This way I will not have to move schools and attend Hayden High School. To stay at Locust Fork I am going to actually pay attention in all of my classes and also do my work. Those are my goals for this school year.
ReplyDeleteThis year, my main goal is to work hard and maintain my position at the top of the class. Another goal I have is to use better study habits. I plan to begin rewriting and rereading my material more often. My final goal is to improve my low A's to high A's. I also plan to make straight A's throughout the four nine weeks.
ReplyDeleteMy main goals for this year are to maintain good grades, work alot harder on my study habits, NOT day-dream, and to keep an A average. I want to be more successful my sophmore year than my past school years.
ReplyDeleteThis year i plan to keep my grades up and be the kid my parents have been expecting me to be for so long. Im getting older and i feel its time for me to start taking more responsibility. I want no less than an AB average, My sophomore year is the start of my future plans and the person i want to become. In order to do this im going to focus more on my studies and less on my social life. Im going to work hard and keep my mind where it should be.
ReplyDeleteThis year my main goals are to keep a fantastic work ethic and to also grow up a alot more. I think christian had a very good statement about growing up and being the kid our parents want us to be. I would like to work on my studying habbits and work hard towards my collage goals.At the age we are now its very important to keep your studies up and maintain a balance between school,work,and play. Those are some of the things i would like to accomplish in my sophomore year.
ReplyDeleteThis year my main goal is to make some new friends and to get my grades up. I just moved here from Mississippi so its kind of hard to get adjusted and make new friends. Also, i would love to improve my grades and keep strait A"s and B's. I also think Christians statement about being the kids our parents have expected us to be is a great goal.
ReplyDeleteThis school year I have many goals that I would love to achieve. One of my goals is that I would really like to make a change in my grades and also try my hardest on every assignment given, not only in this class but in every class. Also, I would like to give 110% in everything that I do, from doing school work all the way to playing sports or helping out around the house. My second main goal would be to improve my attitude in and out of school, to be a better friend, student, daughter, and overall to be a better person. Sometimes I can have the rudest attitude, and when people make me mad, I talk about them, when I shouldn't
ReplyDeleteand I'm starting to feel guilty for that.
Well these are a few of my goals and how I would like to accomplish them.
This year my main goal is to work hard and keep my grades up! I have never been the type to study and do my work all the time. Now that I am getting older I need to mature and get serious about my school work. My second goal is to work hard and get better at basketball and softball. It is a handful trying to do all that but i want to set my goals high. I also want to change my attitude with everyone. I can be very rude sometimes especially to my parents. I will regret that one day so why not change it now. There is nothing I hate more than drama but now that I think about it and when I get mad or around my friends I tend to talk about people. Im hoping to achieve the few goals that I have set for myself this year.
ReplyDeleteFor my sophmore school year, I would like to maintain good grades, to stay out of trouble. I have never really taken the time to study, so this year I would like to pay full attentition in all of my classes, and study for tests and other things to study for. Another thing is that I tend to get into trouble quite often, so i would like to strighten that up this school year. So I am looking forward to acheveing those goals throught the school year, and also through out my life.
ReplyDeleteMy main goal for this school year is to get back to the top of my class. Last year I didn't really apply myself as much as I should have and my grades suffered. This year my goal is to always do my homework so I can get my grades back up and take over the number one spot in the grade. I also need to figure out what I am going to do after high school. I need to start thinking about what University I am going to attend and what I am going to major in. Those are my two biggest goals this year.
ReplyDeleteMy goal this year is to appreciate what i have alot more.Here lately i find myself complaing about all the little things in life,hopefully i'll work harder on that.I think it would also be a good goal idea to maintaine good grades,i really want to attend UCLA when i graduate.Im getting older,(but still young) so my responsibility about certain things is going to change.Im trying to stay grounded,and at the same time im trying not to let my youth get the best of me.I learn something newabout myself everyday that i didnt know the day before,and i think thats all that really matters.
ReplyDeleteMy goals for this year are to keep my grades up, I feel the same as Alyson last year i let things slide and didn't really worry about things till the night before they were due. As for this year I plan to step it up big time in order to pass. My biggest goal this year though is to get on the National Honor Society and I realize it's time to step it up like Christian said it's time to be who we know we are. What this sums up to is i just hope to become a better person and student.
ReplyDeleteThis year I have two main goals to complete this school year. I am currently captain of the varsity baseball and I take high responsibility in that role. I would like to keep my role as captain under control and not get to overpowering of my teammates. I would like to become a captain that is fair to the team and lead them the state championship. My second goal is that I would like to keep sports and school balanced but not slack to in either of them just to keep them even. I want to work hard in both and be an all around good student this year and the years to come.
ReplyDeleteMy goals for this year are to keep my grades to a B+ minimum. I plan to stay ahead of my work, and try and get it done before the last minute. Last year I let myself down by not trying hard on my grades, and they suffered miserably because of it. I relized this year I'm going to have to change alot of things about myself, and my study habits. I just hope to become a better student over all.
ReplyDeleteThis year, like pretty much everyone else, I'm going to work on my study habits because I never study and I'm going to do my homework this year unlike last year. This year I'm going to make straight A's.
ReplyDeleteWhat would i like to do this year is to keep my grades up an try to stay out of trouble this year. Also stay active in school like play sports and other stuff . And try to be nice to almost everyone. Those are my goals for school this year
ReplyDeleteMy goals this year are to get better grades and to not be lazy. Nearly every year I say this, and every year I barely pass because I go home and fall asleep instead of doing my homework. I know that this year is very important because I'm getting close to the end of highschool, so I really want to start doing good.
ReplyDeleteMy primary goals as a sophomore at Locust Fork High School are to work harder on my academics and become the top student in the grade. I will achieve this goal by studying more often. Some of my secondary goals include making at least a twenty-eight on the A.C.T and pass all of the graduation exams the first time I attempt them. To achieve these goals I will work on my reading comprehension skills and my science knowledge. Those are some of my main goals on this year
ReplyDeleteMy goals as a sophmore are to make straight A's in all classes, to always complete homework assignments, and pass all graduation exams on my first attempt. Those are my main goals for this year.
ReplyDelete