Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"There Will Come Soft Rains" by Sara Teasdale

This week, I want you to think about Sara Teasdale's poem and apply it to your senses and your experiences. So far, I've been please with most posts, but I must remind you, that posts must be completed by 7:45am on Friday mornings, or your assignment will be counted as late and you will lose credit.

http://www.emule.com/poetry/?page=poem&poem=4906

14 comments:

  1. From the poem "There Will Come Soft Rains," I think it's telling how no matter how inhumane humans become the life of other living organism will not change. No matter if humans perrish the life of the animals and plants would not exactly change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My opinion of "There Will Come Rain" is, nature is peaceful while humanity is distructive and can not handle the responsibility that has been givin to us such as keeping this world beautiful. Even though we do not do as we should, nature itself will ignore us and survive on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem was instantly very funny to me. After reading it the first time it reminded me of something someone once said to me and when he said it, it made no sense at first but then I slowly understood it the same way with this poem. This poem says the same thing I have thought for a long time that animals don’t care about anything going on in the world. If we all disappeared one day animals wouldn’t know the difference, they would just go on and about there day and maybe a few would notice we were gone but even those animals wouldn’t be affected. People have to much worry in life sometimes, unlike animals, we never really have time to just sit back and do nothing. Imagine a bird sitting on the fence at the baseball field, it doesn’t have an agenda that says it time to go home and eat. It will just hop from link to link on that fence till it decides its hungry fly to the infield eat a worm and a single piece of grain and then back to hoping from link to link till it feels that it wants to go to its nest and sleep. I think that is what Ms. Teasdale is also to saying in her poem “There Will Come Soft Rains.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This poem reminds me of the visits to West Virginia to see my family. Life there is so different from life here. People in West Virginia sit outside on their porch swings taking in nature and all there smells. I feel like here everyone is always in a hurry to get somewhere and we never take the time to stop and smell the roses. I think that Sara Teasdale was saying that if we choose to take nature for granted and not take the time to enjoy it that life will go on even after we are dead and gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that Sara was trying to say be thankful for what you have, because one day it will all be gone.Trying to run through and not being thankful for the things that we do have,the "the frogs in the pool singing at night" and "Spring herself, when she woke at dawn
    Would scarcely know that we were gone." well to me technology and people today have just made us forget about all of the simple things,but sometimes when i go and sit out on my back porch and look at the moon it seems like the world is so much more beautiful when you just take a step back and really look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In this poem I think she is trying to say that when there are tough times you can always somehow find peaceful surroundings. The reason I say this is when i read this poem it made me think of a cool summer night and untill the end you could not tell there was a war going on. I think there is always a calm place no matter what is going on at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. To me this poem says that no matter what happens animals will never change. No matter what the weather does a robbin will whistle its whims. No matter how the climate changes a frog will be singing its song.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this poem means that the world whould go on after the humans left. It means that nature probably would not even notice that the humans were gone. The frogs would continue croaking and the birds would continue flying like always. I think the author is trying to say that humans don't really have a huges impact on how nature is. We don't really effect how the frogs, birds, and trees live their life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At first this peom made no sense to me. After I read it a few times it made sense. I agree with Hunter. If we all disappeared one day animals wouldn’t know the difference, they would just go on and about there day. Unlike humans animals don't have time limits to do things and problaby aren't as stressed as humans are half the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first few times I read this poan I did not have the first idea what it was talking about. As I began to read over Hunter Kings responds I got a little more understanding out of what the poam ment.I belive this poam has a little flash of what the future will be like when all hummans are deceased. The nature of earth will probabaly will not change. In this poam it says Not one will know of the war, not one will care atleast when its done, not on would mind not birds nor trees.I think that means thats birds will go one with there life as well as the trees and nature.I believe that is what Sara Teasdale is describing in her poam "There Will Come Soft Rains."

    ReplyDelete
  12. This poem is very confusing and really makes you think. It is telling how the plant and animals will live after the humans are gone. I agree with most everyone on that. I also agree on what Krista said on how everything will go back to before we started messing with the atmosphere. The Earth would be beautiful and have all the trees and plants will not be killed. All animals will go on with the way they was living and everything would work out fine. That's what i think Sara Teasdale is saying in "There Will Come Soft Rain."

    ReplyDelete
  13. To me I think this poem means that all the time mother nature will take its course. But all the animals will wake up and do what they do to, as they do every morning. Just like we get up every week day and get ready for school. It basicly tels how life goes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel Sara is saying that even if we dissapeared tomorrow, the world, nature, and animals would just go on as if we never existed. I agree with cory on, that mother nature will forever do its job, with, or without us.

    ReplyDelete